- Sun hot. Rain cold.
- Never trust a teenage boy with car keys. In this case, the keys were locked in the car ignition, draining the battery.
- It’s ok for adults to swear at kids at the top of their lungs, so long as they are in the role of coach or referee. In the role of teacher, not so much.
- If the ball smacks a kid in the face and blood starts gushing out of his nose, save the team uniform at all cost. The kid’s got 6 litres of blood in him – we’ve only got 25 uniforms.
- If you need to take a dump, take it early. I hate when I have to use ripped up blue foam from the inside of someone’s equipment to wipe my ass when both the men’s and women’s stalls have run out of toilet paper. Related to this (we can call it 5a) if you must use ripped up blue foam, like in soccer, a gentle touch is best.
- Loud gangsta rap in the morning on the way there is rejuvenating. On the way home, after the heat stroke has set in, it’s really fucking annoying.
- You can do decent headers while wearing a turban. While wearing sunglasses, not so much.
- Six foot, two hundred pound teenage boys can be such wusses.