DRAGONE enjoys breathing fresh air to stimulate the senses and activate his writing neurons. So much so that he has developed a little ritual prior to writing.
*** I have been advised by my legal department to issue a WARNING: “Do not try this at home.” ***
When he feels a tingling of an idea buzzing around his head his natural instincts are to swat it out of the air. This has led to a hobby of catching flies in mid-air, which has further led to a sub-hobby of catching flies in mid-air with chop sticks. Alas, this latter feat has not been mastered, though it provides his family with a great source of entertainment on a Saturday night. (Do not froth all you animal lovers, all flies captured are returned to the wild.)
But back to the buzzing of a brilliant idea. To fully exploit this great natural resource, fresh air, DRAGONE follows this recipe:
- A paper bag is tied over one’s head. The bottom is held tight to the neck with an elastic band.
- Numbers are counted, starting with 1, in numerical order.
- The numbers continue to be counted, even through the “seeing stars” and “hyperventilation” phases.
- When the numbers have reached one more than the previous record, the paper bag is removed as quickly as possible.
- The fresh air is inhaled, and the writing begins.
As you can see, DRAGONE takes his writing seriously. Please respect his work by laughing, crying, gasping, and cursing only at the appropriate places.